Monday 21 February 2011

Pontius Tank Commander



Now who'd have thought it. Al Murray, The Pub Landlord, relishing driving a tank down the high street. I say relish, more a rich ale gravy to be frank. I say frank, but that's a whole other flavour.

Don't know what I'm on about? Don't blame you. Be a good sport and pop on over to the Red Nose Day site if you feel like doing a bit of good, or check out the Walkers Crisps site if you're still in the dark about Al's pie.

In the spirit of PWI (that's "Precipitation with Insight", dude.) we have uncovered the secret ingredient in Al's pie. Check out the Funtrak site to be fully appraised of the Funtrak Mini-Tank phenomenon (where you'll discover that they are sometimes used as a paintball tank - when they go by the name of the Funtrak Paintball Panzer - and are the invention of former RAF Flt Lt Phil Parsons - I don't think he did the pie bit though).

The real mystery here, though, is why a Flight Lieutenant of the British Royal Airforce would dirty his hands with tanks? Best left to the brown jobs I would have though. Actually, even that's no mystery, when you see this video (even without the paintball you can see that the Funtrak Paintball Panzer is a bit of a scream - you might want to turn the volume down a bit):



(Not a great deal of uncovering going on here - I've loved these babies since I got to bomb around in one at the War Museum - you'll have to get your own link, this post is becoming a lot more complicated than I meant it to be.)

Tanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment